Powered By Blogger

Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Chocolate Cake , for all of us ovenless cooks!!!



I never wanted to have an oven until I baked my first chocolate cake, to try out something else.We were always under the impression that cakes from the bakery would taste better .But this one, I swear, was so mind blowing, we kept licking our fingers.Could anything taste better , we thought!!.Here goes my favourite recipe, chocolate cake. Courtesy: My childhood sweetheart , Rammu.She put in me, the seeds of interest in cakes.Here's to you and our friendship!!

Ingredients:

(1)Flour (Maida) : 1.5 cup
    Cocoa powder (I used cadburys cocoa): 0.5 cup
     Sugar (powdered) : one and a half cup
     baking soda : one and a half tsp
(2)Melted butter : 180 g
(3)Hot milk : 1 cup
    Eggs : 2
(4)vanilla essence : 1 tsp

Method:

Mix all the ingredients in 1 and strain it.Add melted butter and half cup of hot milk to the mixed ingredients and beat well for 2 minutes.Add remaining milk, beaten eggs and vanilla essence.Beat well for another 2 - 3 minutes.If you dont have a beater , use the mixie to get a well beaten mix.The texture of the mix, is so very tempting, you have to try hard to wait till the cake gets cooked.




Butter the cake tin.(I used an aluminium vessel which fit in my cooker, since I did not have a cake tin) and sprinkle plain flour over it.Make sure the flour is evenly distributed in the tin.Pour the mix to this tin.

The cooker always comes with a separate plate.Place this plate inside the cooker and the cake tin over it.Place the lid over the cooker.But do not out the pressure over it.Keep the flame high for about 10 minutes and then simmer for 20 - 25 minutes , till a nice mouth watering smell fills the air . Check if the cake is cooked by pricking with a toothpick.If the cake mix sticks to the toothpick, it needs some more time on the flame.Allow to cool.

For icing, I used a mixture of whipped cream, cocoa powder(2 tbsp) and powdered sugar and butter.Added enough cream so as to get the right consistency.I used almonds for garnishing.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog